Highlights of Ephesus area are:
– Terrace Houses of Ephesus,
– House of Virgin Mary,
– Temple of Artemis
and if there is time left
– Museum of Ephesus (a small museum with a fine collection of findings from Ephesus).
There are frequent one hour domestic flights from Istanbul to Izmir and Izmir Airport is appx one hour driving away from Ephesus.
So, with an early departure from Istanbul, highlights of Ephesus area can be covered in a day, yet, guests may well spend the night over and fly back to Istanbul the next morning.
Ephesus is always a major stop for Mediterranean cruise ships.
There are two major ports in the area:
– Kusadasi: an Aegean resort town, appx 15 minutes drive away from Ephesus
– Izmir: a major city of Western Turkey, appx one hour drive away from Ephesus
Our “Rates” page gives you an idea about rates of doing a daily tour as Kusadasi Port,
being the starting & ending point.
You may always get in touch with us for further details and alternating routes.
If you arrive to Kusadasi Port and have already visited Ephesus,
a strong alternate tour to Ephesus is
covering Miletus, Didyma & Priene.
These 3 Greco-Roman sites are located appx 1 hour driving distance from Kusadasi Port.
If your docking is to Izmir Port and already visited Ephesus,
two strong alternatives are:
* visiting Pergamon
* visiting Sardis and doing a city tour in Izmir